Local Law 87 and Local Law 84 compliance
The only audit company in NYC that guarantees compliance.
Local Law 84 (LL84) requires owners of large buildings to annually measure their energy and water consumption in a process called benchmarking. LL84 gives building owners information about a building’s energy and water consumption compared to similar buildings, and tracks progress year over year to help in energy efficiency planning.
LL84’s annual benchmarking process consists of four steps:
- Check the Covered Building List for your property(ies) every year.
- Collect whole building energy data (and water data, if eligible) from utilities.
- Measure and record your energy and water usage in Portfolio Manager®.
- Submit usage data to the City by May 1 through Portfolio Manager®.
Building owners are subject to a penalty if usage data is not submitted by May 1 every year. Link to: http://www.nyc.gov/html/gbee/html/plan/ll84.shtml
LL87: Energy Audits & Retro-commissioning
Local Law 87 (LL87) mandates that buildings over 50,000 gross square feet undergo periodic energy audit and retro-commissioning measures, as part of the Greener, Greater Buildings Plan (GGBP). The intent of this law is to inform building owners of their energy consumption through energy audits, which are surveys and analyses of energy use, and retro-commissioning, the process of ensuring correct equipment installation and performance.
In addition to benchmarking annual energy and water consumption, energy audits and retro-commissioning will give building owners a much more robust understanding of their buildings’ performance, eventually shifting the market towards increasingly efficient, high-performing buildings. In summary, LL87’s energy audit and retro-commissioning process requires the following:
- Determine if a building needs to comply, and what year it is due.
- Conduct an energy audit and retro-commissioning of base building systems and complete an Energy Efficiency Report (EER) electronically.
- Submit the EER once every ten years to the City by December 31.
Link to: http://www.nyc.gov/html/gbee/html/plan/ll87.shtml
We are the only company that runs your heating systems end-to end, 24/7. Inquire about HeatWatch.
See Other Energy Auditing Companies on Energy Partner Network.
Read about Benchmarking companies.
LL87LL84NY LL ComplianceEnergy Audits
818 6th Avenue, Suite 4N,
New York, NY 10001 US
Get access to more information by joining Energy Partner Network today.